10 Best Relaxation and Meditation Apps to Keep you Mindful in 2022
- Web & App
Mental stability, focus and thought redirection is crucial in everything you do.
Having a productive lifestyle, making assertive decisions, and sustain relationships; everything is subject to mental health and wellbeing.
A report highlights that approximately one in every five US adults experiences some mental illness, making up to 51.5 million cases in 2019.
Therefore, with the increase in healthcare issues worldwide, an iOS or Android app that would operate as a diverse healthcare solution could be a lucrative business opportunity for entrepreneurs.
Why is Meditation Important? The benefits of Meditation Apps
Meditation is the process of training your mind to have focused awareness and a better sense of perspective.
In neurological terms, meditation enables us to move from higher frequency brain waves to lower frequencies, activating different brain centers.
Slower brain wavelengths = more time spent on multiple thoughts = more focused perspective to skillfully filter which thoughts you invest in and what actions you take.
Meditation can give you a sense of calmness, peace, and balance that can benefit your emotional wellbeing and overall health.
Also, the benefits do not end with the meditation session; instead, they help you develop focused, composed mindfulness throughout the day to make better decisions and manage your various symptoms of any medical condition.
Further benefits of meditations include;
- Reduce stress and anxiety.
- Promote self-awareness.
- Improve emotional stability.
- Lengthens the attention span.
- Help develop a kind personality and overcome fight addictions.
- Improve hormonal levels and sleep cycles.
How Meditation Apps Can be Helpful
A mindfulness app can guide you through the process, ultimately helping you to attain mindfulness and mental assertiveness.
An article by Fast Company reports that meditation and relaxation apps improve emotional stability among consistent app users.
Hence, meditation app development can help business provide valuable means of attaining mental focus, tranquility, and happiness.
Other benefits of using meditation apps include;
- Regular use of mindfulness apps can help in providing stressful interventions in pressure-filled situations, as per research.
- Practicing relaxing exercises via meditation apps can help in improving social relationships and alleviate loneliness to have better social interactions.
- Mindfulness apps help reduce depression and aggression in regular users, as stated by a Harvard Health
Let’s now move towards our list of best apps for relaxing and meditation that you can leverage.
- Are you willing to invest in meditation app development?
- We are highly skilled to help you in devising the right development strategy and turn your meditation app idea into an actionable solution.
10 Best Relaxation and Meditation Apps
1. Insight Timer – Best Free Meditation App to Manage Stress, Sleep, and Anxiety
Insight Timer is an all-rounder app that offers several guided meditations from the world’s mindfulness experts, psychologists, and neurologists.
The app offers meditation guides, including secular mindfulness, insight meditation, Buddhist mindfulness, Zen, and many others.
Also, offers ample information and teaching sessions on innumerable topics such as sleep cycle and insomnia, anxiety and depression, self-love, leadership, relationships, etc.
- Numerous guided meditations for relaxation are uploaded daily.
- Built-in timer for short meditation sessions to develop a healthy habit.
- A large community of meditators to help you grow.
- Teaching and guide sessions from renowned teachers.
- A comprehensive music collection to keep your mind relaxed and focused.
- Built-in performance tracking stats.
Price: Free – In-app Purchases
2. Calm – Free Android App to Keep Your Sleep Cycle Aligned
Calm is award-winning mindfulness and relaxing app with a number of features to help you maintain a proper sleep-wake cycle, lower anxiety levels, and de-stress your daily life.
The app offers bedtime stories, lullabies, music categories, and many more to differently aged app users, including kids (3 – 17 years) and adults, making it one of the best free guided meditation apps.
Also, if you are a meditation beginner, the app has plenty of guided meditation exercises such as walking, calming, and breathing exercises to help you develop a habit.
- Sleep stories/ bedtime stories that help you have a good night’s sleep.
- A 10 minute daily Calm program before bedtime to improve focus.
- 7-to-21-day meditation for beginners and advanced users.
- Guided and unguided meditation programs.
- Mindful masterclasses with renowned speakers and teachers.
- Music and soundscape collection to keep you relaxed and focused.
Price: Free – In-app Purchases
3. Headspace – Best iOS Meditation App to Clear Your Mind
The first thing about Headspace (other than the amazing features it offers) that you would fall in love with includes its beautiful UI illustrations.
The app comes with several features to help you synchronize your day and have a clear – more focused thought process. The app also offers personalized services to help you develop an assertive lifestyle while offering plenty of content to learn from.
- Guided meditation plans to keep you sane and mindful.
- Soundscapes and music playlists that help you make it through the day.
- Uplifting stories to build your mood and drive in motivation.
- Sleep stories and music that lulls you into a peaceful sleep.
- Guided meditation plans for kids to help them have a positive outlook, a better sleep cycle, and improved focus.
Price: Free – In-app purchases
4. Yoga | Daily Yoga – Best Relaxation App for Exercises and Mindfulness
If you are a fan of yoga, Daily Yoga is the right one for you.
Plenty of yoga programs, asanas, Pilates, and meditation sessions; the app has a wide library for beginners and advanced-level users.
Regarded as the “best app of 2018”, Daily Yoga has a lot to offer its users.
- Multiple yoga sessions with varied time duration between 5 to 70 minutes.
- Multiple language support, including seven international languages (English, Japanese, Korean, Spanish, Chinese, German, French).
- Compatible with Apple Watch and syncs across other Apple devices, including iPad, iPhone, and Apple TV.
- Wide community support of like-minded yoga lovers.
- Integrated with Apple Health to help you manage your daily foot count and calories.
Price: Free – In-app purchases
5. INSCAPE – Best Breathing App to Keep You Calm
Think of scenarios when you are agitated, stressed, anxious, or simply angry – INSCAPE is an app that helps you keep it cool and collected in such situations.
The app helps you choose a healthy lifestyle by adapting to simple exercises that easily fit into your daily routine. With various exercise and meditation sessions ranging from 5 – 85 minutes, INSCAPE can be your perfect partner to reduce stress and anxiety and improve your breathing and sleep cycle.
- Meditation sessions focused on the sleep cycle, stress release, improved relationships, happiness, self-love, etc.
- Integrated Apple Health and minutes tracking so you can manage your calorie count.
- Monthly and annual subscription options to enjoy innumerable features
- Custom sleep management and meditation sessions to suit your needs and time.
- Soundscape and music categories to help you get through your workday.
Price: $10 monthly – $59 Annual Subscription
6. Pathways Pain Relief – Best Meditation App for Pain Management
Are you suffering from persistent back pain, Repetitive Strain Injury (RSI), migraines, fibrositis, or know someone with this condition? Pathways Pain Relief is the best meditation app to help you control your pain.
The app and your pain therapy can help you overcome your pain and take on productive habits, exercises, and meditation sessions.
From physical – stress-relieving exercises and music therapy to diaphragmatic breathing and building self-love and confidence, this app helps with everything.
- Mindfulness therapy sessions to train your brain to overcome pain.
- Physical and cognitive meditation and exercise sessions to help develop a healthy lifestyle.
- Dedicated app sections (areas) to help achieve mental and physical relief from pain.
- Pain management masterclasses from renowned psychiatrists, doctors, and therapists.
- Pain and wellbeing tracking system.
Price: $14.9 monthly – $69.9 Annual – $299.9 One-time Payment
7. Relax Melodies – Best Meditation App to Manage Your Sleep Schedules
Facing trouble in managing your sleep-wake cycle? Relax Melodies – Sleep Sounds is the solution you need.
The app is focused on helping users have a synchronized circadian rhythm by incorporating several features such as music, meditation sessions, and sleep stories. Being referred to as “the most positively reviewed app,” it has also been recommended by doctors, neurologists, and sleep experts.
- More than 200 music and sounds, including white noise, nature and ASMR sounds, healing music, etc.
- A vast collection of meditation sessions to manage sleep, deep circadian rhythm, stress relief, dreams, travel, etc.
- Special exercises for kids to have a better circadian routine and incorporate a positive outlook on life.
- Plenty of sleep stories from different genres, including mystery, fantasy, sci-fi, fairytale, etc.
- Bedtime reminders and timers to keep you on the clock.
Price: Free Trial – $59.9 Annual Subscription
Simple Habit – The Best Meditation App for Busy People
8. Simple Habit – The Best Meditation App for Busy People
If you are one of those who are always in a rush, Simple Habits is the app that can help you manage your physical and mental health on the go.
Since the app is focused on people with hectic schedules, it consists of innumerable quick meditation sessions to revive mental stability within 10 minutes of commute or 5 minutes before bedtime.
With plenty of features and over 5 million communities, Apple’s number one app in the health and fitness sector.
- Innumerable short-spanned meditation sessions that don’t take plenty of time.
- On-the-go feature to help you keep calm and reduce anxiety.
- Session personalization so you can get the best of the app.
- Audio and written content to stimulate meditation habits and a healthy lifestyle
- Integrated with Apple Health to keep track of your daily calorie count and number of steps.
Price: $12 Monthly – $90 Annual Subscription – $300 One-time payment
9. Aura – Relaxation App for Hustlers
Are you one of those who cannot even spare five minutes? Then you surely need a meditation app like Aura that helps you revive your mental sanity within seconds.
Declared as the best app by Apple, Aura helps you transform your meditation experience with the all-in-one personalized experience to achieve mental wellness. Moreover, the app includes a three-minute-long wellness session to 30 seconds anxiety busters.
- Choose your choice of topics from the given collection, including meditation, CBT, life coaching, hypnosis, etc.
- Premium meditation libraries that include stories on innumerable topics.
- Collaborate and listen to top coaches, therapists, and neurologists from around the world.
- Sleep sounds, stories, and music are included to improve your sleep schedules.
- Integrated with Apple Health to track your daily health score.
Price: $11.9 Monthly – $59.9 Annual Subscription – $399 One-Time Payment
10. Waking Up – A Meditation App to Revive Your Spirituality
Backed by Sam Harris, a lively intellectual, neurologist, and best-selling author, Waking Up is the app to guide in developing a better understanding of the mind.
This app focuses on moving beyond the usual relaxing and calming meditation practices to understand the reasons for stress and solve them adequately. Sam Harris and other teachers’ audio lessons help you get better insights and strengthen your mindfulness.
- Certified meditation guides to help you go beyond stress reduction and develop a healthy habit.
- Introductory meditation course to give more insights on different meditation sessions.
- Additional guided conversations with teachers and trainers to keep you sane.
- Online lessons and sessions on several topics like philosophy, science, nature, etc., to revive your intellectual abilities.
Price: $14.9 Monthly – $119.9 Annual Subscription
The Business Potential of Meditation Apps in the Market
The number of people willing to use a meditation app to stay mindful was over 3 million in 2019. So, it is evident the number of would have grown beyond it in 2021 and would continue to grow.
In addition to this, global situations like the pandemic have surged the need of meditation apps that helps people deal with anxiety, improve mental health and sleep cycles, and attain healthier lifestyle.
As per the statistics, the number of Americans willing to use relaxation and meditation apps are growing and includes all age groups.
Also, the number of reasons why people are willing to use meditation apps include:
- Reduce anxiety and stress
- Improve concentration and memory
- Improve work performance at office/school
In a nutshell, with a growing industry for relaxation and meditation apps, investing in meditation app development can be a lucrative idea.
- Looking for app development services for your meditation app idea?
- Tekrevol is an experienced app development company with skilled professionals at work, enabling powerful and result-oriented application solutions.
Maintaining a healthy and sustainable lifestyle is rudimentary for everyone today.
A stable mental ability that ensures better decision-making and thought processing comes first in maintaining a healthy life.
In this regard, meditation apps can be an excellent option to choose and maintain a healthy lifestyle and keep yourself sane.
As the article mentions some amazing meditation apps for users with different needs, Tekrevol encourages the use of meditation apps to enable a healthy lifestyle and community.
Also, as an app development company, Tekrevol has been investing in healthcare development services to bridge the gap and enable a healthier community.
Frequently Asked Questions:
What are the best free meditation apps?
- Insight Timer
- Smiling Mind
What are the best meditation apps for controlling pain?
- Pathways Pain Relief
- Smiling Mind
Which meditation apps are really the best?
Headspace is one of the best-used meditation apps because of its structured features and functionalities. The courses it offers are more aligned and allow an in-person learning experience, which you can access anywhere.
What are the best meditation apps for preschoolers?
- Relax Melodies
- Smiling Mind
Author : Mehreen Saleem
Mehreen is an avid tech-researcher and thrives on accelerating business value by sharing her research that spans the intersection of technology to business resilience and sustainability-related topics. She’s also an advocate for ensuring that every content created at TekRevol is epic.
Come meet us at a location near you!
39899 Balentine Drive,
Newark, CA 94560
1301 Fannin St #2440,
Houston, TX 77002
501 E Las Olas Blvd Suite
230, Fort Lauderdale, FL
44 Tehama St, CA 94105, San Francisco
400 NW 26th St, FL 33127, Miami
740 15th St NW 8th Floor, DC 20005, Washington
4915 54 St 3rd Floor
Red Deer, ABT T4N 2G7
Level 5, One JLT Tower 1 - Jumeirah Lakes Towers - Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Level 17, World Trade Center, Khalifa Bin Zayed the First Street, Abu Dhabi
Level 22 , West Tower, Bahrain Financial Harbour, Manama, Bahrain
Level 22, Tornado Tower, West Bay, Doha, Qatar
3/25, Block 5, Gulshan-e-Iqbal,
Karachi, Sindh 75650
Let’s get in touch!
Let’s discuss your project and find out what we can do to provide value.
I am interested in discussing my ideas with you for
COPYRIGHT 2022 TEKREVOL ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.